Saturday, January 23, 2010

Waimea Living and Thank You to Livermore Art Association & Pleasanton Art Association

6"x6" oil painting titled "Waimea Living", awaiting a new home...
Painting can be purchased for $100 plus $6 s/h: from the artist, Jenny Floravita

I would like to extend a big Thank You to the Livermore Art Association and the Pleasanton Art Association for inviting me to be their guest speaker Monday evening. I truly enjoyed this event and it was really nice to meet all of you in person. And Thank You to everyone who braved our stormy weather to come and stay so late. I hope that my presentation will help some of you to carve your own paths in your fine art endevors.

And a big Thank You to Jeanie, my mother-in-law, for helping me with the presentation. We're lucky to have such smart teachers and we should treat them right! They are very under appreciated by the sate.

And Thank You to Pat Smith for purchasing one of my small Mini Master island cottages...because it reminded her of her holiday stay at Kauai's Waimea Plantation Cottages with friends.

Now, about my Mini Master above: I'm continuing in my delightful plantation cottage painting series because so many of you have memories of staying in cottages just like this one on the islands. This cottage is from the Waimea Plantation Cottages on the Westside of Kauai and I must admit that these cottages do provide endless inspiration for my paintings.

What I particularly love about this painting is the livable feeling that it has. I've composed the composition so that just a sliver of grassy ground can be seen at the bottom and this allows for maximum height for the very tall and magestic coconut palms that help to define this small village of ideal island retreats. The actual painting has high-contrast in colors and the splash of flowers in the foreground completes your island experience.

Stay tuned and you will see many more of these paintings as I have a current stash that are just waiting to be released. I have also created quite a few medium-large exotic flower paintings, in preparation for my solo gallery show at Kumquat in San Francisco, which starts in March.

Next show: San Francisco Flower and Garden Show, March 24-28, 2010 at the San Mateo Event Center, BOOTH # 649. More info here: http://www.sfgardenshow.com

To see more, please visit my websites: www.floravitalights.com
and www.floravita.com

No comments: