Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Path to the Beach


6"x12" oil painting titled "Path to the Beach", awaiting a new home...
Painting can be purchased for $185 plus $6 s/h: from the artist, Jenny Floravita

I am hoping to wake up happily Friday morning to this beach path in Kauai. It leads to one of my favorite beaches. I'm looking forward to a little down time and a bit more exercise as well. A good swim in the ocean would be so refreshing...or perhaps sipping cocktails by the pool on the beach would be nice. A bit of a re-charge before my wave of summer shows and commissions hit.

Right now my day is far from that tranquil moment on the beach but I am getting there. I am preparing for my next show. Always so much to do and so little time. An artist is always creating and our life's work is never finished and that can pose some problems if we let our mind's get wrapped up in the mountain of work that we have set for ourselves. We often think of the next set of paintings before we're even close to finishing what we are currently working on. As a business woman, I am also filled with ideas on how to show my work to art enthusiasts. I'm always excited about my next set of shows as well. Between these two very distinct jobs lies an endless amount of work.

Because packing and prepping for a show is a somewhat slow and laborious job for me, I'm able to reflect on they "why" aspects of my life's work. One thing that I realize is that it's not always possible to always finish every single ambitious project that I lay out. Honestly, over the last few months I've remained focused and have worked steadily towards on my current body of work and for my upcoming spring shows. I am happy to say that this has lead me to accomplish a lot and that is always a good feeling. I have given it my best and my best is what will have to do!

Next show: San Francisco Flower and Garden Show, March 24-28, 2010 at the San Mateo Event Center, BOOTH # 649. More info here: http://www.sfgardenshow.com

To see more, please visit my websites: www.floravitalights.com
and www.floravita.com

No comments: