Monday, May 10, 2010

Island Hut


6"x6" oil painting titled "Island Hut", awaiting a new home...
Painting can be purchased for $100 plus $6 s/h: from the artist, Jenny Floravita

What I love about this particular painting is the way that the sunlight filters through the palm and banana leaves. It's been less than two months since I was on Kauai last but I already miss it. That said, I'm lucky to be a full-time working artist who paints from their inspirations. Most of the past month has been devoted to my reverse glass painted chandeliers but I'm thinking that I'll be able to begin painting in oil on canvas early next week and perhaps through much of June...must get ready for the La Jolla Festival of the Arts, which happens at the end of June!

Next Show: Jenny Floravita's Spring Open Studio, May 22 & 23, 10am to 6pm...see my website for more details.

To see more, please visit my websites: www.floravitalights.com
and www.floravita.com

No comments: